I've read through a lot of posts and appreciate everyone's insight and willingness to share their experiences. I'm 49 and was finally diagnosed in March. I'm a cancer survivor and had a bone marrow transplant in 2000. The cath procedure failed as the ASD is in a bad spot for a device to work. I'm wondering about:
1) How many days did you stay in the hospital?
2) What did you do to manage the pain. The potential for intense pain is making me the most nervous.
3) What about when you got home? How much help did you need to perform self-care, like: showering, dressing, going up and down stairs, etc?
4) How long before you could drive?
5) What is one thing you wish you would have known ahead of time?
Thanks for your generosity,