I previously had to wait for my OHS after a SV-ASD diagnosis. What questions do you have?
Here’s a few things I found useful:
- if UK, exercise your right to choose which hospital for surgery.
- make friends with the surgeon’s secretary !
- try to get a call/ meeting with surgeon after your tests, that puts you in their radar & they may hunt what timing might be likely (I got “not for at least 3 mths, maybe April onwards”)
- ask secretary regularly about surgeon’s current surgery pipeline & where you might fit into it
- explain any wider constraints you have eg kid’s school holidays, availability of support.
- use the time to get safely fir for surgery, in whatever way the consultants suggest. Mine was exercise up to heart rate 140 &great to lose some weight !
- also use time to mentally & practically prepare -I had some counselling, bought pyjamas & pillows!
- get prepared for a tough mental journey, as much as physically
Let us know what’s on your mind, there will be someone here willing & able to help. It’s natural to worry, however may help you to know that 10 months on from OHS, I look back and think how blinking lucky I am to have been diagnosed & treated, tough though it was. Best of luck